This Quicknote is intended for current faculty, staff, and students who would like to setup or update their security questions for their LAN account.
You will need to know your LAN password in order to change your security questions. If you do not know your LAN password, assistance can be found in this Quicknote.
Table of Contents
Changing Your Security Questions
- Navigate to https://password.umflint.edu/ in any browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc…). Log in using your uniqname and LAN password.
- Click the second option, Setup Security Questions, from the options menu.
- Select a question from each dropdown and provide your answer in the blank provided.
- Click Save Responses to save your new security questions and answers. (Note: Your responses will NOT be case sensitive.)
- Confirm that your responses are accurate and click Confirm Responses. (If something is inaccurate, you can click Go Back to change your answers.)
- Once your responses have been confirmed, the following screen will appear and the process will be complete. Click Continue on this screen to return to the password manager main menu.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)
After you have set up your security questions, you will be able to reset your password manually by using our account recovery system. This is useful in the event that you've forgotten your LAN password.
- To learn more about resetting your password using these security questions, please click here.
- If you already know your LAN password, and would like to change it, please click here.