Moved to ITS Wiki
Services Offered by the ITS Helpdesk in All Helpdesk Locations
The ITS Helpdesk provides numerous services to students, faculty, and staff of the University. Below is a list of the most common services offered by the ITS Helpdesk. All services require photo identification.
Please note that ITS Helpdesk cannot offer any tutoring for applications or course work; questions regarding these issues should be directed to your instructor.
- Account Unlock/Password Reset (LAN, UMICH, and Banner)
- Assistance with Installation of Supported Software (Office 2010/2011/2013, Microsoft Security Essentials, Sophos Anti-virus)
- University Email/Webmail Setup
- VPN Setup
- Wireless Setup for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OSX.
- Work Tickets – Issues for university computers that cannot be resolved through the ITS Helpdesk may be transferred to the ITS Desktop Computing Services unit to have a representative fix the computer issue in person.