|Monday||7 AM - 10 PM||8 AM - Noon & 1 PM - 5 PM|
|Tuesday||7 AM - 10 PM||8 AM - Noon & 1 PM - 5 PM|
|Wednesday||7 AM - 10 PM||8 AM - Noon & 1 PM - 5 PM|
|Thursday||7 AM - 10 PM||8 AM - Noon & 1 PM - 5 PM|
|Friday||7 AM - 10 PM||8 AM - Noon & 1 PM - 5 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM - 6 PM||Closed|
|Monday||7 AM - 10 PM||5:30 AM - 10:30 PM||7 AM - 10 PM||24/7|
|Tuesday||7 AM - 10 PM||5:30 AM - 10:30 PM||7 AM - 10 PM||24/7|
|Wednesday||7 AM - 10 PM||5:30 AM - 10:30 PM||7 AM - 10 PM||24/7|
|Thursday||7 AM - 10 PM||5:30 AM - 10:30 PM||7 AM - 10 PM||24/7|
|Friday||7 AM - 10 PM||5:30 AM - 7:30 PM||7 AM - 6 PM||24/7|
|Saturday||10 AM - 6 PM||7 AM - 8 PM||7 AM - 5:30 PM||24/7|
*These labs are open building hours with Mcard swipe access.
*Please visit http://www.umflint.edu/ebs/hours.htm for an up-to-date list of the university building hours.
- 206 Murchie Science Building (Helpdesk Technicians Available During Lab Hours)
- 205 French Hall (This lab is not staffed, Mcard is required for access)
- 3174 William S. White Building (Card swipe accessible any time WSW is open. Helpdesk Technicians Available 8am-5pm Monday - Friday)
- 2nd Floor Riverfront (This lab is not staffed but is open 24 hours, Mcard is required for access)
- All 3 floors of the Frances Willson Thompson Library (Computers are available any time the library is open.)
- Helpdesk consultants are available to assist with basic computer problems.
- Absolutely NO CELL PHONE Conversations in the Computer Labs
- NO Food & Drinks are allowed in the Computer Labs
(Anyone with food and/or drinks will be asked to dispose of them.)
- Keep your passwords to yourself
(Change your password right away if you think someone else may know it.)
- Do not save your work to the hard drive (This includes the desktop) - use your H: drive (or other storage device)
(Unauthorized file and programs may possibly be removed on logout.)
- Collaborative work and quiet conversations are allowed
(Please be considerate. Refrain from loud talking, laughter, or music.)
- All children must be accompanied by a parent and are prohibited from using any University computer equipment.
- During high demand for lab machines, there will be no personal or recreational uses of equipment
(This ensures that students have an opportunity to access the computers for course work.)
- Helpdesk Consultants are NOT allowed to tutor, assignment related questions should be directed to your Instructor
ITS Computer lab patrons are required to comply with the University’s Proper Use Policy along with the Lab Rules of Conduct. Helpdesk consultants have responsibility for enforcing these rules, and will notify lab users if they are in violation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in removal from the labs, loss of computing privileges, disciplinary review, or other disciplinary action.
**Please notify the Helpdesk Consultants if you feel that any of these rules are being violated.**