Intended AudienceThis Quicknote is for the benefit of the faculty, staff, and student members who wish to print on the ITS-supported Lab printers by sending the document via their UM-Flint Email accounts.
RequirementsTo follow this Quicknote you will need to have access to the internet and your UM-Flint email account.
Emailing Documents to the PrintersOnly select file types are supported by Web Print & Email to Print. Please reference the table below for the supported file extensions.
Sending Your File to the Printer
- In your web browser navigate to http://email.umflint.edu
- Login please enter your: uniqname and LAN Password
- Create a New Message
- In the To… field please type: email@example.com
- Then attach a file that you would like to print. To attach a file, click the paperclip icon
- Warning: The up-to-date version of Chrome has broken functionality within Outlook Web App including file attachments. At this time, ITS recommends using FireFox in conjunction with Outlook Web App.
- Please note: The maximum size of an attachment is 20 MB.
- For assistance with attaching documents please see: https://helpdesk.umflint.edu/customer/portal/articles/1628982-outlook-web-access-2010-%E2%80%93-faculty-staff-and-students
- When you have successfully added your attachment, click Send.
- Please wait for your confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link you will need to click to send the document to the printer.
- The document will now be available on any of the Papercut printers, located throughout UM-Flint's campus computer labs.
- For printer locations please visit: https://helpdesk.umflint.edu/customer/portal/articles/1631791-what-is-papercut-and-how-do-i-add-pages
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)