Before You Begin
Any University affiliates with an active-active student or alumni account with print credits, can print to the campus PaperCut printers using their personal devices. If you have any questions or experience any difficulties with the process outlined in this quicknote, please visit one of the ITS Helpdesk locations in 206 MSB or 3174 WSW for assistance.
This Quicknote is intended to give active students, faculty, and staff the general process to print from your personal wireless devices which may include a laptop, tablet or other wireless capable device.
Please note: Printing from a wireless device with this method will not allow for printing double-sided. If you would like to print double-sided please print from a lab computer on campus.
Only select file types are supported by Web Print. Please reference the guide below for the supported file extensions:
- Microsoft Excel: xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx.
- Microsoft Word: doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx, rtf, txt, pdf.
- Picture Files: bmp, dib, gif, jfif, jif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, png, tif, tiff.
Table of Contents
How to Print from Your Wireless DeviceClick here for Video Assistance
- In any browser navigate to https://printing.umflint.edu
- Login to the site using your uniqname and then your password.
- Click Web Print, from the navigation list on the left.
- Click Submit a Job found on the top left side of the page.
- In the Web Print menu, select the printer name you want you print job to be sent to:
- umf-papercut\Main (virtual) is for black and white documents and cost 1 print credit.
- umf-papercut\Main-Color (virtual) is for color documents and cost 6 print credits.
- Click the Print Options and Account Selection button.
- Fill in the number of copies you would like printed and then click the Upload Documents button.
- Click Upload from computer.
- Be sure to review the approved file types before uploading your document.
- After clicking upload from computer, browse and select the file you want to print. Once you have selected the file, click Upload & Complete to send to the printer.
- The document will now be available on any of the Papercut printers, located throughout UM-Flint's campus computer labs.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)