This Quicknote is for the benefit of the faculty, staff, and students on campus who utilize a Mac computer to check their university email.
To follow this Quicknote you will need to have a current affiliation with the university and have access to your LAN account. You will also need to have an updated OS X version for your Mac.
Note: Tested and completed on the Mail client version 9.3; ITS supports the Mail client built into OS X for Mail version 4.4 or higher.
Setting up Mac Mail with UM-Exchange
- In the Mail client menu, click File
- Click Accounts
- Remove the current account for Exchange if one is present. The '-' symbol will remove the account.
- Click the '+' symbol to add another account.
- Fill in the information for your Full Name, Email Address, and Password. You will use your current LAN password for the password field.
- Click Continue
- The client will download all the required information.
- Click Create
- Allow a few minutes for your mailbox to be downloaded. It will take between 10-15 minutes on average, but it may take longer depending on the size of your mailbox.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)