PaperCut is the system that ITS uses to track and manage printing in the computer labs on campus. When printing a document in the computer labs, it does not automatically print on the printer at the front of the lab. You must "print" the document from your computer, and then log into the PaperCut printing station to release the print job. When the print job is released, the fee for printing is deducted from your PaperCut account balance.
At the beginning of each semester, all students registered for classes receive 400 print credits in their PaperCut account without having to pay. Black-and-white printing costs 1 print credit per page, while color printing costs 6 print credits per page. Double-sided printing will count each side of the paper as seperate page!
Table of Contents
- Adding Print Credits To Student Accounts
- Adding Print Credits To Non-Student Accounts
- Refunds for Bad Prints
- Excess Credits at the End of the Semester
- PaperCut Stations on Campus
Adding Print Credits To Student Accounts [Top]
If you are an active student registered for the current semester, you may add print credits to your PaperCut account via Student Information Services (SIS). Between semesters you may encounter a day that this option is not available while we load credits for the next term. If you have questions about this please contact the ITS Helpdesk.
- Log in to SIS using your uniqname and password.
- Click on Personal Information.
- Click My Campus Computer Account.
- Click Add PaperCut Pages .
- Follow the directions provided on the screen.
Any print credits added to your account will be available for use immediately, and they will be charged to your university student account. You can pay this bill online through the Student Account Center or in person via the Cashier's office.
Adding Print Credits To Non-Student Accounts [Top]
If you are an Alumni, Faculty/Staff, GEC student, Inactive Student, etc., you may purchase print credits using a credit card at the ITS Store. If you have questions about this please contact the ITS Helpdesk.
- Navigate to http://www.umflint.edu/its/store
- Click on Add PaperCut funds for Alumni.
- Click Purchase PaperCut Funds.
- Enter your account information and the amount of credits to purchase.
- Click Proceed to Checkout.
- Follow the directions provided on the screen to confirm payment.
In order to purchase print credits using cash, please visit the ITS Main Office in 905 NBC (M-F 8am-5pm). Print credits purchased using methods other than cash should be automatically added within 30 minutes.
Refunds for Bad Prints [Top]
Print credits may be refunded by the ITS Helpdesk when issues arise. Refunds will only be granted for printer malfunctions, or by Helpdesk Supervisor approval. Refunds will not be granted for human errors, such as printing blank pages or misconfiguring print/copy options.
- Print refunds may be requested online using this form: https://formassembly.umflint.edu/2669
- You will be required to either turn in the prints to a Helpdesk location, or upload a scan of the damaged prints to the form before the refund will be approved.
- If you would like an immediate refund, bring the copies to the ITS Helpdesk in 206 MSB (M-F 7am-10pm; Sat 10am-6pm).
- You will receive an email confirmation once a refund request has been accepted or denied.
Printing files directly from Blackboard may result in prints that are not refundable!
Excess Credits at the End of the Semester [Top]
- Any portion of the initial 400 credit allotment remaining at the end of the semester will roll over to the next semester. These credits will reset between the Summer and Fall terms, and a new 400 credit allotment will be applied.
- Monetary refunds will not be made for any portion of these credits.
- Any remaining print credits added through SIS worth more than $3.00 will be refunded to your university student account at the end of the semester.
- e.g. If you add $10 in credits through SIS, but you only use $5 of those credits, a $5 refund will be applied to your student account.
- e.g. If you add $10 in credits through SIS, and you use $9 of those credits, no refund will be made to your student account, as the remaining balance is less than $3.
- Any remaining print credits added via cash or credit card will roll over to the next semester. These credits will remain until your student account is no longer active (you leave the University), or for a maximum of 2 years.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Hours: Mon-Fri (7am-10pm); Saturday (10am-6pm)
Phone: (810) 762-3123 (option 1)
Your Account Has No Print Credits
If you fail to receive your allotted 400 print credits after the beginning of the semester, this may be because you registered for classes after credits were distributed. If your PaperCut account is empty and you have not used any print credits, please visit the ITS Helpdesk in 206 MSB to have your credit applied. Please keep in mind that you will not receive the semester credit if you are not registered for classes for the current term.
Your B&W Print Was Charged For 6 Credits/Page
Papercut determines whether to print in B&W or Color based on which print server the document is sent to: MAIN or MAIN-COLOR. When a B&W document is charged as a color print, this is because the document was sent to the MAIN-COLOR printer, regardless of whether or not it's actually a color document. In order to resolve this, make sure the printer in the print dialog is set to MAIN to prevent any overcharges.
PaperCut Stations on Campus [Top]
Murchie Science Building (MSB)
- MSB 206 Open Lab - 2 Color Multifunction Printers
- MSB 501 Instructional Lab - 1 Black & White Printer
- MSB 507 Instructional Lab - 1 Black & White Printer
French Hall (FH)
- FH 205 Open Lab - 2 Color Multifunction Printers
- FH 459 Instructional Lab - 1 Black & White Printer
William S. White Building (WSW)
- WSW 3153 Instructional Lab - 1 Black & White Printer
- WSW 3174 Open Lab - 2 Color Multifunction Printers
- WSW 3175 Overflow Lab - 1 Color Multifunction Printer
Thompson Library (LIB)
- 3rd Floor Open Lab - 2 Color Multifunction Printers
- 2nd Floor Open Lab - 1 Color Multifunction Printer
- 1st Floor Open Lab - 1 Color Multifunction Printer
University Pavilion (UPAV)
- 2nd Floor Academic Advising Loft - 1 Color Multifunction Printer
First Street Residence Hall (FSRH)
- Front Lobby - 1 Color Multifunction Printer
Riverfront Residence Hall (RVR)
- RVR Financial Lab - 2 Color Multifunction Printers