IntroductionPaperCut is the system that ITS uses to keep track of student printing in the computer labs on campus. When you print a document in the computer labs, it doesn’t automatically print on the printer at the front of the lab. You must “print” the document from your computer in the lab and then log into the PaperCut station near the printers to release your print job. When you release your print job, the fee for printing is deducted from your print account funds.
Printing Provided By the UniversityEvery semester, all registered students are each given the ability to print 400 black and white pages from their Student/PaperCut account without having to pay. When printing in color you will use 6 of your printing credits.
No Credits Appear on Your AccountIf you have not used your print credits for the current term but you find that you do not have any print credit applied to your account, please go to 206 MSB to have your credit applied. Please keep in mind you will not get the semester credit if you are not registered for classes for that term.
Table of Contents
- Video Assistance
- Adding Additional Pages To Your Account
- Refunds for Bad Prints
- Refunds for Money Left at the End of the Semester
- Additional Information
Adding Additional Pages To Your Account
If you are registered for the current semester, you may add pages to your print account by logging into Student Information Services (SIS). Between semesters you may encounter a day that this option is not available while we load credits for the next term. If you have questions about this please contact the ITS Helpdesk.Click here for Video Assistance
- Login to SIS using your Uniqname and LAN Password
- Click on Personal Information
- Click My Campus Computer Account
- Click Add PaperCut Pages
- Follow the directions provided on the screen
Printing pages that you add will be available to use immediately. When you request for additional pages to be added to your PaperCut account, a charge will be made to your university student account. You can pay this bill at the Cashier’s office. Questions about credits remaining at the end of a term please see section below on refunds.
Refunds for Bad Prints
- Printing charges may be refunded by a full-time ITS Helpdesk staff member when issues arise.
- Refunds are only granted for printer malfunctions.
- Additional refund reasons are subject to Helpdesk Supervisor Approval
- Print refunds may be requested online using this form: https://formassembly.umflint.edu/2669
- You will be required to either turn in the prints to a Helpdesk location, or upload a scan of the damaged prints to the form before the refund will be approved.
Account holders will receive an email confirmation once refund request has been accepted or denied.
Refunds for Money Left at the End of the Semester
- Any portion of the initial 400 credits remaining at the end of a term will roll over to the next semester and will be eliminated at the end of the Summer term.
- Refunds will not be made for leftover amounts from the initial 400 credits allowances at the end of the Summer term following their addition.
- At the end of the current semester, if you added more credits through SIS than you used, you will be refunded for all amounts over $2.00.
- For example: if you add $10 to your account, but only use $5 worth of credits, then a $5 credit will be made to your student account.
- Any refund is made to your university student account and not your Papercut account.
- At the end of the current semester, if you added additional funds using your credit card or cash these credits will roll over into the next term. Roll-over credits will only continue to roll over till your account is no longer active or 2 years, whichever comes first.
PaperCut Stations on Campus
Murchie Science Building (MSB)
- Room 206 – 2 Black and White/Color Multifunction Printers/Copiers/Scanners
- Room 501 – 1 Black and White Printer
- Room 507 – 1 Black and White Printer
French Hall (FH)
- Room 205 – 2 Black and White/Color Multifunction Printers/Copiers/Scanners
- Room 459 – 1 Black and White Printer
- Floor 3 - 2 Black and White/Color Multifunction Printer/Copier/Scanner
- Floor 2 - 1 Black and White/Color Multifunction Printer/Copier/Scanner
- Floor 1 - 1 Black and White/Color Multifunction Printer/Copier/Scanner
- Academic Advising Loft (2nd Floor) – 1 Black and White/Color Multifunction Printer/Copier/Scanner
William S. White Building (WSW)
- Room 3153 – 1 Black and White Printer
- Room 3174 – 2 Black and White/Color Multifunction Printers/Copiers/Scanners
- Room 3175 – 1 Black and White/Color Multifunction Printer/Copier/Scanner
First Street Residence Hall
- Front Lobby – 1 Black and White/Color Multifunction Printer/Copier/Scanner
Riverfront 2nd Floor
- Open Lab – 2 Black and White/Color Multifunction Printer/Copier/Scanner
- Financial Lab – 1 Black and White Printer
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)