This Quicknote will provide you with step by step directions on how to forward your emails using the Outlook Web App, Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016.
Please note: ITS provides limited support for this Quicknote. It is provided for informational purposes and questions regarding this Quicknote will be answered to the best of our knowledge but are out of the scope of the ITS Helpdesk support.
We do not recommend forwarding mail to another account as this may result in a loss of mail. If you do decide to forward your mail to another account, UM-Flint is not responsible for missing or lost mail.
This Quicknote is for the benefit of the faculty, staff, and student members on campus.
To follow this Quicknote you will need to have a current affiliation with the university and have access to your LAN account. As well as one of the above-mentioned versions of Outlook, or access to the Outlook Web App (email.umflint.edu).
Configure Forwarding/Redirecting for Outlook Web App (email.umflint.edu)
- Login to your Webmail: https://email.umflint.edu.
- Click Options (located at the top right of your screen just below your name).
- Click Create an Inbox Rule.
- Click New.
- Select in the When the message arrives drop down: My name is in the To or Cc box.
- Select in the Do the following drop down: Redirect the message to….
- Enter the email address that you would like to forward the emails to at the bottom of your screen in the To -> field.
- Then click OK.
- You can click More Options. You can add any exceptions here.
- Finish the walk through to name the rule and save the rule. Your email now be forwarded to your other email account.
Configure Forwarding/Redirecting in Full Outlook Program
- Make sure Mail is selected in the list on the bottom left of the screen.
- Click File in the top left.
- Click Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Click New Rule in the email Rules tab.
- Click Apply rule on messages I receive.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- When prompted with This rule will be applied to every message you receive. Is this correct? Click Yes.
- Select the Forward it to people or public group.
- Click the underlined people or public group in the Step 2 field.
- In the To -> field type the email you would like it forwarded to and click OK.
- Then click Next.
- Choose any exceptions you may have and click Next.
- In the Step 1 field, enter a Name for your Rule so that you will recognize it.
- In the Step 2 field, make sure there is a check mark next to Run this rule now on message already in Inbox and Turn on this rule.
- Click Finish.
To Delete a Rule
Outlook Web App/2010/2013/2016
- Click the Rule to highlight it and click the X next to Details to delete.
- Click Yes.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)