This Quicknote will assist you with configuring Microsoft Outlook on a Mac computer for use with the UM-Flint Exchange Server. You will not need to be connected to the VPN to use Outlook 2011. Outlook 2011 has replaced Entourage in the Mac Office Suite for 2011.
This Quicknote is for the benefit of the faculty, staff, and students on campus who utilize Outlook on a Mac computer.
To follow this Quicknote you will need to have a current affiliation with the university and have access to your LAN account. You will also need a validated copy of Microsoft Office.
Table of Contents
Configuring Microsoft Outlook for Exchange
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click Outlook in the top left corner.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Accounts, under Personal Settings.
- Click Exchange or Office 365, under Add an Account.
- For E-mail Address type: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Method select User Name and Password.
- For Username type: email@example.com.
- For Password type your LAN Password.
- Uncheck Configure Automatically.
- For Server type email.umflint.edu.
- Click Add Account.
- Depending on the size of your mailbox and speed of your Internet connection, the syncing process could could take 10 minutes or more.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)