This Quicknote will allow access to the Homedrive (H:) by a user on an OS X computer. If you are off campus, you must first connect to the VPN through Pulse Secure before attempting this Quicknote.
This Quicknote is for the benefit of the faculty, staff, and student members on campus who utilize a Mac computer.
To follow this Quicknote you will need to have a current affiliation with the university and have access to your LAN account. You will also need to have an updated OS X version for your Mac.
Note: Tested and Compatible with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
Configure Homedrive access on your Mac:
- If you are off campus you must connect to Pulse Secure as detailed here: https://helpdesk.umflint.edu/customer/portal/articles/1627982-using-vpn-resources-at-um-flint#section-five
- Click Finder on the dock
- Click Go on the menu bar.
- Click Connect to Server on the Go menu
- In the Server Address field, type the following
- For Students – smb://126.96.36.199/home/your uniqname
- For Faculty and Staff – smb://188.8.131.52/home/your uniqname
- Click Connect on the Connect to Server window
- When prompted, enter your uniqname and password
- Click Connect.
- Your Homedrive will now be listed in the Finder Sidebar under Homedrive/home
For directions on using the VPN and Pulse Secure please reference the following Quicknote: https://helpdesk.umflint.edu/customer/portal/articles/1627982-using-vpn-resources-at-um-flint
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)