ITS Helpdesk

Phone: 810.762.3123 opt. 1 - Email:

What is an Mcard?

Last Updated: Oct 19, 2016 02:35PM EDT

The Mcard is an ID card for students, faculty, and staff of the University of Michigan-Flint. The Mcard features a photo of the holder, the holder’s name, association (student or department for faculty and staff), and University of Michigan ID Number.

The Mcard serves the following purposes:

  • ID verification for many offices on campus
  • Allows for swipe access to ITS computer labs
  • An ID card for the Recreation Center
  • Allows users to swipe into our multi-function printers all across campus
  • A debit card for students living on campus participating in the Dining Dollars meal plan program. The Mcard can be used for this purpose in the Riverfront Dining room and the University Center Food Court (Stacks Deli, Grill 115, and Smart Market)
  • Faculty and Staff who pay for parking on the UM-Flint campus can easily use their Mcard for parking in the faculty/staff parking facilities on the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor campus

Where can I get an Mcard?

During the first week of the semester, ITS distributes Mcards, parking passes and validation stickers in the University Pavilion.

For the remainder of the semester, please visit one of the Mcard stations located in 206 Murchie Science Building ITS Helpdesk location or the 3174 William S. White ITS Helpdesk location. These Mcard stations are open during normal lab hours. The lab consultants will take your picture for the Mcard. To obtain your Mcard you must have a Government issued photo ID with you.

Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Mcards

There is a $10.00 fee to replace Mcards that are lost, stolen, or damaged. You must pay the fee at the Cashier’s Office located at 261 University Pavilion. Then, you must bring the receipt to an Mcard station before the Mcard can be replaced.

For cards that must be replaced due to name or department changes, expiration, or that no longer function due to normal wear, no fee will be charged. When requesting a replacement of this nature, your old Mcard must be returned at the Mcard station.

Note: All photo ID and non-photo ID cards are property of the University of Michigan and must be surrendered upon request.


If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.

Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found