Please be aware that the images might not reflect your operating system but the steps should be very close to those needed for your computer.
This Quicknote is for the benefit of the faculty, staff, and students who would like to use Outlook 2010 or 2013 on their personal computers.
If you are setting this up at home you must be connected to Pulse Secure when using Outlook. If you need assistance with Pulse Secure please visit our documentation in this Quicknote. If you are setting this up on campus Outlook will prompt you to log in with your email address, email@example.com, and your LAN password.
Table of Contents
Configuring Outlook for Your University Mail
1. Click the Windows Orb.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Click User Accounts.
4. Click Mail.
5. Click Email Accounts.
6. Click New (If you did not have this configured for another account, it might pop with a screen asking what you want to do. If it does this, click Add new email Account. The other steps will be the same.)
7. Check Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
8. Choose Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
9. For the Microsoft Exchange Server please type email.umflint.edu
10. For User Name please type in your last name then your first name. Then click Check Names.
11. If you have the correct server address and the correct user name the server address will underline and your user name will be all in capitals and underlined. If everything is correct, click Next, otherwise click Back.
12. Click Finish. Click Close in the Email Account Window and Close in the Mail Setup Window.
Open Outlook and within a few minutes all of your emails should become available.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)