The UMICH (Level-1) password, previously called your Kerberos or Ann Arbor password, is the password that is used mainly for programs, resources and services that are implemented and supported by the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
The UMICH password is typically used to access:
- Mirlyn (Library Catalog)
- Viewing pay stubs online (for employees only)
- Accessing and editing your MCommunity Directory entry at Mcommunity.umich.edu
- Other resources available on UM-Ann Arbor websites
Also, once you know your password, please log in and visit Set or Change your UMICH Account Recovery Information for information on setting your recovery options.
Intended Audience:This Quicknote is for the benefit of the faculty, staff, and students.
Requirements:To follow this Quicknote you will need to have access to the internet. You will also need to have a current affiliation with the university and have access to your LAN account.
UMICH Password - Usage, Restrictions, and How to Change it
Before Your Begin:Please note: These are the UMICH password restrictions for your reference when crafting your password.
Your new password must:
- Use nine or more characters
- Contain at least three of these:
- lowercase letters
- uppercase letters
- Must not:
- Be a word or simple phrase
- Contain four numbers in ascending or descending order (for example, 12345 or 8765)
- Use parts of your name
Table of Contents
- Changing Password Through Ann Arbor’s Site
- Change Password Through SIS
- Contact the ITS Helpdesk for Assistance
Option 1: Change Password Through Ann Arbor's Site: [back]This works if you know you current password.
- In the address bar please type: http://documentation.its.umich.edu/node/240 and press Enter
- This will direct you to Ann Arbor's documentation on Choosing and Changing a Secure UMICH (Level-1) Password
- There is a Quick Link at the top of the page that will take you to the password change page
Option 2: Change Password Through SIS: [back]This works for if you do not currently know your UMICH Password.
- In the address bar, please type: https://sis.umflint.edu and login with your uniqname and LAN password
- Click Personal Information
- Click My Campus Computer Account
- Click Change Ann Arbor (UMICH password) Password
- This will redirect you to https://password.flint.umich.edu
- When you get there click the Log In button located in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- It should automatically log you into the Ann Arbor utilizing your Flint LAN credentials
- If you have not set your Account Recovery Email, you will be prompted to before you can set your new password
- Click the link Change Password
- In the New Password field, enter a new password
- Retype the new password in the Confirm Password field
- Click Change Password; if you entered an acceptable new password the same twice, the password will be changed
- After you have successfully completed this, click Logout
Option 3: Contact the ITS Helpdesk for Assistance: [back]If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone: (810) 762-3123 option 1
TroubleshootingYou can also attempt Resetting your Forgotten UMICH (Level-1) Password. If the above steps do not resolve the issue please contact the ITS Service Center in Ann Arbor.
Phone: (734) 764-34357