This Quicknote is for the benefit of University affiliates who would like to change their current password. If you do not know your current password, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
To follow this Quicknote you will need to have access to the internet. You will also need to have access to your University account and know your current university credentials (uniqname and current password).
Your new password must meet the following requirements:
- Password is case sensitive.
- Must be at least 8 characters long.
- Must not repeat any character sequentially more than 3 times.
- Must not include any of the following values: test, password.
- Must not include part of your name or uniqname.
- Must have at least three types of the following characters:
- Uppercase (A-Z)
- Lowercase (a-z)
- Number (0-9)
- Symbol (!, #, $, etc.)
ITS Recommends that you use a password phrase not a single word.
Example: “Passphraseismoresecure” not “Password”
ITS Recommends that you DO NOT use anything that is easily associated with you.
- Your Name
- Your Birthday
- Social Security Number
- Current or Former Address
- Spouse or Child's Name
- Parents Name
- Pets Name
Please note: If you type your password incorrectly multiple times, your account will be locked temporarily for security purposes. Please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 810-762-3123 (option 1) for assistance unlocking your account, or wait thirty minutes until the lock has been lifted.
Changing Your Current Password
There are several ways to change your current password. Please review the list below, and choose the one that is appropriate for your situation.
Option One: Changing Your Password with the Password Change System
Please Note: If you remember your password, and would like to change it, please follow the steps listed below. If you have forgotten your password, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance or by choosing "Forgot Password?" on our login screen.
- Open up your web browser and navigate to http://password.umflint.edu
- On the upper right click Login,
- Login using your current uniqname and Current Password.
- On the menu shown, click Change Password tab.
- Type in your new password using the provided guidelines. These text fields are interactive and will notify if you have a strong enough password.
- Once you have typed a valid password, click the Change Password button below the text areas.
- Your password will be updated. This process can take several minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connection. Please let the page load during this time.
- You should receive a prompt stating that the password has been successfully changed once complete.
Option Two: Bring Picture ID and visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk
Please Note: See helpdesk.umflint.edu for the current semester hours.
You are welcome to stop by any of the ITS Helpdesk locations, 3174 WSW or 206 MSB, with a picture ID or by phone (810)-762-3123 (option 1) and we can assist you with changing your password.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)