Intended AudienceThese steps are provided for the benefit of faculty, staff, and students who do not remember their current LAN password, or who are having trouble with their current LAN password. If you are a new student who needs to set your password for the first time, navigate to password.umflint.edu/forgot and enter your uniqname.
RequirementsIn order to recover your password through this method, you will need your uniqname. You will be required to answer security questions that are tied to your account. If you would like to change or update your security questions and you already know your LAN Password, please refer to this Quicknote.
Table of Contents
Changing Your Forgotten LAN PasswordClick here for Video Assistance
- Navigate to https://password.umflint.edu/forgot in any browser.
- Type your uniqname into the blank provided and click Search.
- Answer the questions provided and click Check Responses. (These are questions that you have already set and answers are NOT case sensitive.)
- If you answer your questions correctly, you will be prompted to change your password which can be seen in step 5. However, if you get your questions wrong, you will be locked out of the system.
- Please see the "Troubleshooting" section below for assistance if you lock your account.
- Type your new password in both blanks provided. Once you have typed your password twice and it meets the minimum requirements the change password button will activate.
- Be sure your password meets the requirements listed at the top of the page. As you type your new password, a guide will appear to help you meet the requirements.
- A strength meter will appear to the right of your new password to help you see how strong your new password is.
- Click Change Password to change your password. Please wait while the system changes your password, as this can take a few moments.
- Once your password has been changed, the following screen will appear. Your password has been reset successfully!
- Please update your password on all devices that are configured to connect to the wireless network or receive university email. If you require any assistance with this, stop into one of our ITS Helpdesks (MSB 206 or WSW 3174) or give us a call at 810-762-3123 option 1.
- This includes cellphones, tablets, and computers that you specifically have stored your UM-Flint credentials on.
- Failure to update the stored password on ALL devices could result in your account being locked out from unsuccessful login attempts.
I receive the following error message: "The username is not valid or does not have a configured response."
- If you receive this message the system either doesn't recognize your uniqname, or you have never set up security questions. Please verify the spelling of your uniqname, and ensure that it is correct.
- For assistance in setting these security questions, please refer to this Quicknote.
My account has been locked! What should I do?After several unsuccessful attempts to validate your credentials, your account will be locked temporarily for security reasons. If your LAN account becomes locked or if you are having trouble with answering your security questions, please contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
Locations: 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 1)