Only faculty, permanent staff, and departmental secretaries may place orders. Temporary employees and students MAY NOT place equipment orders with Mediated Classroom Services (MCS).
Please be aware that many classrooms are already equipped with mediated equipment. Please consult the MCS Equipped Classroom list at http://www.umflint.edu/mcs/mediated-classroom-services-classrooms to see if the classroom has the desired features before placing an equipment order.
NOTE: If requesting equipment in a room scheduled by EBS, please contact EBS directly for your equipment needs.
This quicknote is here to provide assistance for those who are ordering equipment. MCS requests that all equipment orders are placed at least one (1) full business day in advance.
Reservations will work on most operating systems and has been confirmed to work in these browsers; Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.
To Place An Equipment Reservation:
- In your web browser, type http://webcheckout.umflint.edu/ into the Address or Location field and press Enter.
- You will be prompted to login.
- Username: uniqname
- Password: LAN Password
- Click the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) in upper right of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, click New Reservation.
- Enter the Start and End times for the reservation, as well as the Deliver To field on the right.
- Select the equipment you'd like to order from the Resources list on the left side.
- Then click the Reserve One of This Type button on the right. When the equipment is added, you will see this reflected by the red number on the shopping cart in the upper right hand corner.
- To setup repeating dates, click the Calendar icon in the upper right corner.
- You can add notes using the Note icon to the right of the Calendar icon.
- When you’re ready to submit your order, check for any errors denoted by the red hand in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Call MCS for assistance if you are unable to correct the listed errors.
- Click Confirm in the bottom right hand side of the page to place the order and receive your confirmation number.
Note: By submitting the request you assume responsibility to provide reasonable care and security until the return of the equipment.
To View Existing Reservations:
- Login to WebCheckout.
- Once logged in, you have the option to either create a new reservation or edit existing reservation.
- To view or edit an existing reservation, click on the View Other Reservations tab and select the reservation.
- Please contact MCS at (810)-762-3123, option 2 if changes need to be made less than 1 day in advance.
To cancel the order: Under Reservation CK-#####, click the Delete button.
To change the start and end time: Type the dates/times in the text boxes or use the calendar icons.
To delete a resource from the order: Click Remove next to the resource.
Troubleshooting Reservation Problems:
Error: "MCS is closed at scheduled return time."
Solution: Change the date and/or time to a time frame where MCS is open. If this is not possible, contact MCS for assistance.
Error: "[Item] must be reserved at least 1 day in advance."
Solution: The reservation must be made further in advance. Set the start time later or contact MCS.
Error: "Minimum reservation length is 30 minutes."
Solution: Increase the reservation duration to more than 30 minutes.
Error: "No resources or resource types selected."
Solution: Select the "Add Resources" tab and choose the desired equipment from the list in the middle of the page. Once the type is chosen, select "Reserve one of this type" from the description section on the right of the page.
Error: No "Reserve one of this type" button is displayed
Solution: There are no items of the selected type available during the selected time period. Consult the scheduler located at the bottom of the description page on the right side of the screen and adjust the reservation time as needed, or contact MCS for more options.
Error: "Resource type [Item]: maximum checkout/reservation length is [Length]"
Solution: The duration of your reservation exceeds the maximum allowed reservation time of the listed equipment. Reduce the duration to equal or less than this limit.
For detailed instructions, please see the WebCheckout User’s Guide.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this form please contact MCS by phone or by Email.
Phone#: (810)-762-3123 (option 2)